Today's the day! Here 's the checklist & directions for the
LSU Austin Crawfish Boil & Jambalaya YaYa!
Rain of shine - we will be at the Charles Johnson VFW Hall starting at 4pm!
Thank You to Twisted X Brewery for donating beer!
Location: American Legion Hall (Charles Johnson House) located at 404 Atlanta St, Austin, TX 78703. If it's raining, we will move the party inside!
- BRING SOME LAGNIAPPE FOR THE POT! Garlic, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, artichokes ... throw it in!
- BYOB & ice chest & ice - we will have some non-alcoholic drinks available, so bring your cokes/tea/water/beer/wine/whatever you want.
- Bring camping chairs/picnic blankets to sit on out on the grounds
- Bring Dessert to share
- Bring your checkbook/cash/credit card to buy raffle tickets to support the scholarship fund, and to buy LSU Merchandise from LSU!
- Maybe sun screen? Maybe a light jacket? Maybe your "Chalmette Reboks"/rain boots and a rain poncho? Sneaux Shows? With this crazy weather, who knows!
Parking will be available in 3 locations:
- Drop-off & handi-cap (plus limited parking) available at 404 Atlanta
- Parking is available in a near-by lot on Foster Avenue (Foster is located immediately BEFORE 404 Atlanta)
- Parking is also available on the street on Veterans Drive (Atlanta ends at Veterans; lots of places available!)
- Registration opens at 4pm, and we'll be serving crawfish shortly thereafter.
- Please, do NOT arrive late and expect crawfish, once we start serving crawfish, we'll serve until they're gone!
Limited Walk-up tickets available:
Crawfish & Jambalaya ticket: $50 Walk-ups
Jambalaya ONLY: $15 walk-ups
Hot dogs for the kids: $1!
2016 Gumbeaux Dinner raises $3000!
Thanks to all who came out and supported our annual Gumbeaux Dinner on March 12th! It was great to get so many Tigers in the room, and to have such fun with the unique raffle & auction items that raised $3000 for our Scholarship Fund. (Reminder: Deadline for scholarship applications is March 31.)
Special Thank You to those who donated items for our raffle & auction: Linda & Don Ray George, Frances Killebrew, Shoal Creek Saloon, The Beauty Store, Stuffed Cajun Meat Market for the gift cards and awesome gumbo, Christine Robinson for the beautiful centerpieces, David Meaux for the weekend rental at his beach house, Twisted X Brewery, and so many more ... we couldn't do this without your support. Thanks Tigers!!